The redesigned ICCA Association Database: What ICCA members are saying about it
User-friendly | time-saving | quicker search | very useful | brand new fresh look | more efficient | very clear | clean | killer applications | excellent | focused info | easy to use | will make our lives easier | impressive | can help us do better in our work | improved networking | I should become an ICCA member | I don’t need any training anymore | does all the work for you | truly amazing! | it’s wonderful!
To access the ICCA Association Database, login to the My ICCA section (right column) and click the 'Members Only' tab. Then click on the 'Access' button.
Since 1972, the research department has assembled information on international association meetings. The structure of the Association Database is designed to perfectly suit the marketing information needs of suppliers in the international meeting business.
The Association Database Online provides a historical overview of thousands of association meetings, plus current contact addresses. It is a user-friendly tool with easy search capabilities, updated daily and free to all members, password protected.
In January 2010 ICCA started linking over 4,500 association meeting profiles with profiles of the UIA. The new data provides valuable information that will enable more relevant and targeted proposals to be created.
Up to now a considerable number of profiles were automatically "hidden" in the online database. A number of members have indicated to us they would like to see this data nonetheless and they would be happy to further research these profiles for their marketing purposes. These incomplete- (series without a clear contact reference) or outdated (historical overview not up-to-date) profiles have now been included in the database. These are clearly marked and you will always have the option to exclude them from your selections and/or exports.
The meetings obtained in this database are international association meetings which meet the following strict criteria:
- be attended by at least 50 participants
- be organised on a regular basis (one-time events are not included)
- move between at least 3 different countries
The Association Database is the only database that gives an historical overview of each meeting, creating a complete track record of where it has been held in the past and the destinations that have been chosen for the future. The information also includes several contact addresses (including hyperlinks with website and/or email addresses), meeting room requirements, decision procedures and destinations which may be eligible for the future – essential to know if you want to make a bid to host the meeting.
As these association meetings tend to not come back to the same destination within at least ten years, the historical overview of these meetings enable suppliers to forecast if an international meeting could come to a certain destination.
Details are constantly updated and added to the database. ICCA obtains this data from three distinct sources:
- we survey all of the associations whose events are already in our database
- we obtain detailed calendars of past and future bookings from ICCA members
- we run specific research projects on individual market segments and areas of the world, particularly targeting new event series.
Association Database Online
A sophisticated computer system ensures that ICCA Data researchers can produce data in various formats, tailored to the users’ needs. Members are provided with a constant flow of new association meetings in the database to update their own marketing information systems.
This database allows members to search for association meetings that are likely to come to their destination, in other words find potential business. It also gives members the opportunity to identify confirmed meetings in a certain destination that could make use of their products and/or services.
Some additional benefits of the ICCA Association Database Online:
- receive more information: extensive information is listed for all meetings, including their history
- obtain accurate data: you have access to a database which is frequently updated.
- save time: it is much easier and faster to find the information you are looking for. You can even export the data selected.
- do less filing: the database is a filing system in itself and it even offers the possibility to attach personal remarks, such as your own file number or notes.
- Email Paula Ko
- Visitor Type : ICCA Members