ICCA CSR POLICY
There are three key areas of relevance to ICCA’s CSR policy: the policies, activities and impact of the association itself; the scope for ICCA to influence the activities and impact of its members around the world; and advocacy and global standards issues relating to the overall impact of international meetings, which will primarily be addressed in partnership with other leading meetings industry organizations.
The starting point is to create a standard set of reporting parameters so that members and other stakeholders can understand how ICCA is progressing over time in achieving sustainability objectives and standards.
ICCA has signed up to the Global Reporting Initiative, the UN standard for sustainability reporting, and the reports are therefore structured according to GRI guidelines.
ICCA is a gold partner of the Green Meetings Industry Council (GMIC), the premier global community solely dedicated to sustainability in the meetings and events industry. GMIC is an excellent source of information on Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainibility issues, and ICCA members wishing to become more expert in these areas are encouraged to use their resources.
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is a leading organization in the sustainability field. GRI promotes the use of sustainability reporting as a way for organizations to become more sustainable and contribute to sustainable development. ICCA is part of the Organizational Stakeholder (OS) Program of the GRI that connects more than 600 organizations from over 60 countries, committed to advancing sustainability reporting. Some resources that can be used by ICCA members are:
- Introduction to G4, which was developed for beginners in sustainability reporting and to the GRI guidelines.
- The G4 Guidelines
- G4 Online, a platform that facilitate the navigation within the guidelines
- Additional videos on GRI and sustainability reporting
- the Sector Guidance for Events Organizers
On-line Sustainable Meeting Planning Program® - SMPP®
The ONLY on-line system certified* to ISO 20121 and APEX/ASTM compliant is now available to all ICCA members with a 50% discount.
Meeting Planners – Event Organizers – Sustainability Officers
Save Time and Money using the SMPP® - Demonstrate your TRANSPARENCY and COMPLIANCE:
- For Beginners to Sustainability: Using the SMPP®, you can perform Sustainable Meeting Planning easily, quickly, and economically, while complying with sustainable meeting planning standards.
- For Advanced Sustainable Planners: Sign up and use our on-line Directories to list and publicize your sustainability transparency and your company’s sustainability level: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze (based on your methods or ours).
EVERYTHING YOU NEED is ready – a click away!
- Just log-in to adopt our system, rate your sustainability, and place in our directory.
- Implementing our policy means you can self-certify to ISO and APEX/ASTM standards.
- Obtain discounts on independent third party certification because our system is pre-qualified!
ICCA Members get a 50% Discount – Use ICCA50 on SMPP® Registration Register and Log-in at www.SustainableMeetingPlanner.com
Would you like to show that you are transparent and comply with standards?
- ISO 20121 for Sustainable EVENT PLANNING Management - (Use SMPP® Optional Scoring Form for ISO)
- APEX/ASTM for Sustainable Specific EVENT PLANNING - (Use SMPP® Optional Scoring Form for APEX/ASTM)
Get started in 3 easy steps:
1.Register and Log-in at www.SustainableMeetingPlanner.com.
2.Adopt the SMPP® policies and procedures (or use your own.)
3.Score your planning efforts for a meeting and choose to display your rating in our Directories.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW is included in the SMPP®
Ready-to-use system for MEETING PLANNERS, EVENT ORGANIZERS & COMPANIES/ORGANIZATIONS that plan or conduct meetings, conferences, events and gatherings.
Policy – Ready for your company to adopt instantly and begin using immediately with sustainability principles , purpose and values
Procedures – Ready for your planners to follow easily to plan and produce sustainable meetings and events
Goals and Measurable Objectives – Ready for your planners to evaluate their planning performance
Metrics and Scoring forms – Ready to compare meeting planners and score sustainability and compliance with planner sustainability standards
Improvement Scores and Reports – Ready for managers to review performance of meeting planners and pinpoint improvement areas
On-Line Directory Listing – Ready to show your clients, shareholders, stakeholders and Sustainability Officers your rating in Sustainable Planning
AND MUCH MORE! Sustainable Meeting Planning Education - Sustainable Sourcing - RFP requirements - Stakeholder Engagement - GRI Reporting - Event Specific Plan, Steps and Forms - Checklists for Venues, Exhibitors, Participants, and your Event Website
All members of ICCA and their organizations are welcome to use Discount Coupon ICCA50