JMIC President Kai Hattendorf responds to WHO and IMEX announcements, offering an assessment of the COVID19 impact and the role our industry will have to play in the coming months
ICCA and JMIC, representing the combined interests of 19 international Meetings Industry associations, call upon all industry members to actively support measures that help restore and build confidence in event participation, including:
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures within the industry’s spheres of influence that help secure the health and safety of event participants are in place and up to date
- Maintaining detailed awareness of both local and global actions and restrictions in order to be able to advise on factors that may affect upcoming events
- Cooperating with local / national authorities to implement any measures that have been determined to potentially impact event attendees
- Consulting with event organizers and related service providers to explore ways in which any program adjustments that need to be made in response to outbreak-related impacts can be accommodated
- Continuing to support awareness of the essential roles of meetings, conventions, exhibitions and business events as drivers of recovery and advancement of global economic and societal development
ICCA Management and the team in the Netherlands show their solidarity and support to our members in China. We urge the ICCA Family to extend their support to the industry colleagues, the members and people in China.
Stay up to date with the latest local updates by following ICCA Regional Director Asia Pacific, Noor Ahmad Hamid's Twitter.