How to Participate
Firstly please read the Guidelines carefully so that you understand the conditions for participation. IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE: the guidelines have been slightly changed, please see point 'f' below in bold text.
To participate in this Workshop you need to find a client who meets the following criteria to invite to the Workshop:
a) He/she must be a key decision-maker or have decision making influence with regard to where the conference or event takes place in the future.
b) The conference must historically meet the size criterion for the workshop. For this International Client/Supplier Business Workshop it is between 800-3000 delegates.
c) If the conference has no track record the projected number of attendees must meet the size criterion for the workshop.
d) The conference should not have been represented and the client should not have been present at any ICCA Sector Venue Workshop held within the previous 3 years. (see Exclusion List under the "My ICCA" section of the website under "Logo's & Documents").
e) The conference must be at least 3 days duration and must take place at least once every 4 years. For this "International" workshop it must be an International Meeting which rotates world-wide.
f) In order to keep in line with ICCA's new strategic goal #2 - Engaged Association Executives, the guidelines have slightly changed and only association executive clients will be accepted straight away. Anyone registering with a Core PCO or AMC client will be held on a waiting list until the registration deadline and will only be offered a place if there are still places available and providing they meet the criteria and submit a document in which the client association agrees to be represented and states that the Core PCO or association management company is involved in the decision influencing process concerning future locations of their event.
g) The conference must not be limited to rotating only between countries that speak one language, for example, French speaking countries or Spanish speaking countries.
Tips on how to find a suitable client:
1. Invite a client you know:
- Have you recently hosted an International association meeting that meets the above criteria? Consider inviting a representative from this association who is a decision maker or influencer (for example, member of the Board, Secretary General, CEO, Managing Director, Events Manager, Conference Coordinator, Conference Administrator etc.)
- Do you have any local Ambassadors who hold a position on the Executive Board/Committees for an International Association meeting that meets the criteria for this workshop? Consider inviting them to accompany you.
2. Invite a client from the ICCA database:
Make a selection from the ICCA database to find a suitable client who meets the criteria for this workshop:
- Decision maker or influencer of an International conference rotating world-wide
- Attendance between 800-3000 delegates
- Takes place at least once every 4 years
- Lasts for at least 3 days
Click on this hyperlink to download a flyer that can be sent to your potential clients explaining the benefits of attending a Workshop.
Once you have found a suitable client and understand the conditions for participation then the next step is to go to the Registration section of the website.