Firstly please read the Guidelines carefully so that you understand the conditions for participation. To participate in this Workshop you need to find an International client who meets the following criteria to invite to the Workshop:
a) He/she must be a key decision-maker or has decision making influence with regard to where the International conference takes place in the future.
b) The conference must historically meet the size criteria for the workshop (500 delegates or more).
c) If the conference has no track record the projected number of attendees must meet the size criterion for the workshop.
d) The conference should not have been represented and the client must not have been present at any ICCA Sector Destination Marketing workshop held within the previous 3 years. (see Exclusion List under the "My ICCA" section of the website).
e) The conference must be at least 3 days duration, must take place at least once every 4 years (but preferably once every 2 years) and must be a World/International conference.
f) Association management companies or Core PCOs are eligible, provided they submit a document in which the client association agrees to be represented and states that the association management company or Core PCO is involved in the decision influencing process concerning future locations of their event. However please note that we have put a restriction on the number of association management companies or Core PCOs we will accept on the Workshop. No more than two association management companies or Core PCOs will be allowed to participate in the Workshop and the first-come-first-served rule applies.
g) The conference must not be limited to rotating only between countries that speak one language, for example, French speaking countries or Spanish speaking countries.
Tips on how to find a suitable client:
1. Invite a client you know:
- Have you recently hosted an International association meeting that meets the above criteria? Consider inviting a representative from this association who is a decision maker or influencer (for example, member of the Board, Secretary General, CEO, Managing Director, Events Manager, Conference Coordinator, Conference Administrator etc.)
- Do you have any local Ambassadors who hold a position on the Executive Board/Committees for a European Association meeting that meets the criteria for this workshop? Consider inviting them to accompany you.
2. Invite a client from the ICCA database:
Make a selection from the ICCA database to find a suitable client who meets the criteria for this workshop:
- Decision maker or influencer of an International association conference (rotation: World/International)
- Attendance of 500 delegates or more
- Takes place at least once every 4 years (but preferably once every 2 years)
- Lasts for at least 3 days
Click on this hyperlink to download a flyer that can be sent to your potential clients explaining the benefits of attending a Workshop.
Once you have found a suitable client and understand the conditions for participation then the next step is to go to the Registration section of the website.