In accordance with the ICCA Articles of Association and By-laws, please find below a list of candidates who are standing for (re-)election on the ICCA Board during the 62nd General Assembly of ICCA in Bangkok, Thailand, Sunday 12 November 2023.
The call for elections will be send out to the sector(s) and region(s) which will be holding elections, no earlier than 30 days prior to the GA and no later than 5 days prior to the GA, and will remain open until at least the first 15 minutes of the actual GA (timing for closure to be announced at the start of the GA).
Destination Marketing - one vacancy
Two candidates came forward:
- Mrs. Corne Koch, Cape Town & Western Cape Convention Bureau (South Africa)
- Nominated by: Ms. Nonnie Kubeka, Gauteng Convention Bureau T/a Gauteng Tourism Authority
- Seconded by: Ms. Zinhle Nzama, South Africa National Convention Bureau, South African Tourism
- Ms. Melissa Riley, Washington, DC Convention & Tourism Corporation (USA)
- Nominated by: Ms. Eugenia Powell, Panama tourism promotion fund (PROMTUR)
- Seconded by: Ms. Anette Palm, Worldwide Convention Specialists GdbR
Since there are two candidates, there will be an election for the position of BoD representative Sector Destination Marketing.
Meetings Support – one vacancy
- Jaap Bakker, Parthen meeting services (The Netherlands)
- Nominated by: Ms. Anneke Postma, ACS audiovisual solutions
- Seconded by: Mr. Thomas Berghausen, meta-fusion GmbH
Since Mr. Jaap Bakker is the only candidate, he will automatically be elected as the BoD representative Meetings Support for the coming two years (2025). This will be his third term.
Geographic – Latin America – one vacancy
- Ms. Diana Rodrigues, Cartagena de Indias Convention Center (Colombia)
- Nominated by: Ms. María Eugenia Oriani Ucros, Procolombia
- Seconded by: Mr. Javier Montilla Q, Congrex Panama Co. S.A.
Since Ms. Diana Rodrigues is the only candidate, she will automatically be elected as the BoD representative Latin America for the coming two years (2025). This will be her second term.
Geographic – Middle East – one vacancy
- Mr. Mubarak Al Shamisi, Abu Dhabi Convention and Exhibition Bureau (UAE)
- Nominated by: Mr. Mahir Julfar, Dubai World Trade Centre
- Seconded by: Mrs. Luma Khatib, Jordan Convention Bureau
Since Mr. Mubarak Al Shamisi is the only candidate, he will automatically be elected as the BoD representative Middle East for the coming two years (2025). This will be his third term.
Geographic – North America – one vacancy
- Mr. Glenn Duncan (Canada)
- Nominated by: Ms. Kaili Cashin, Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
- Seconded by: Ms. Angela Jefferies, Destination Toronto
Since Mr. Glenn Duncan is the only candidate, he will automatically be elected as the BoD representative North America for the coming two years (2025). This will be his third term.
If you have any questions regarding the election procedures, please don’t hesitate to contact Natasza Tardio at ICCA Head Office via email@example.com