This month we get to know better MP Events (M) Sdn Bhd.
What was your motivation to join ICCA?
We were motivated to join ICCA as it has several benefits for us:
- Join ICCA’s global network platform
- To bid and win regional and international conferences/congresses
- To leverage through ICCA custom-designed education
- To promote MP Events
- To access to ICCA resources especially the trend and statistic reports
- To organise sustainable meetings
- To learn from industry peers
Tell us your story. How did MP Events (M) Sdn Bhd get started?
MP Events is part of MP International, which is part of Pico Group, a global group of agencies specialising in engaging people, creating experiences and activating brands for businesses, institutions and governments. Our brand philosophy is about helping our clients build communities, and we have been doing that since our establishment more than 30 years ago. In the Business Events industry, Malaysia is a destination that is attractive, competitive, and has a lot to offer. It is because of this reason, coupled with our decades of experience in Malaysia through Pico that we decided it is time for us to expand our presence here, to help our clients amplify their content and engage their communities.
What sets MP Events (M) Sdn Bhd for apart?
MP Events is unique as beyond just being a conference and exhibition organiser, we see ourselves first and foremost a Community Activator. Other than offering a turnkey scope of services, MP Events is unique in that we have expertise in not only business events but also organising high profile government-to-government events like APEC and various regional Ministerial Meetings.
What is your favourite success story from your organisation?
MP has, over the decades, delivered many conferences and exhibitions. It is hard to pick a favourite, but something that’s worth mentioning is our shift to adapt to this new business environment by being one of the earliest movers into virtual meetings and conferences. One example is when we delivered our 4th edition of our FUTR Asia Summit virtually for the first time last year. In 2018, we were also involved in the management of the historic Trump-Kim Summit in Singapore and this experience has been uniquely rewarding.
What can we expect to see from MP Events (M) Sdn Bhd in the future?
As the key PCO provider for Malaysia, not only focusing on PCO only but also the digital and technology platform for meetings and conferences.
Which trends do you see in the Association Meetings?
- Size of the meeting trends
- Association’s trends on hosting a conference/congress (their pain points and requirements)
- Since the pandemic started, the rotation of regional / international meetings/ conferences has been disrupted, hence the current rotation trend for association meetings is also essential.
- Adoption of hybrid event model
- Revenue model of Association events will change – move from dependence on one signature event to multiple revenue points
What is an industry challenge your organisation is facing currently?
- Uncertainty of rules to organise meetings and conferences due to the pandemic
- Associations (clients) are not able to make decisions whether to go ahead or to wait for the COVID-19 situation to subside and more borders will be opened.
- Disruption of meetings/conferences rotation.