Meet the faces behind ICCA's famous First Time Attendee programme! ICCA places huge importance on giving First Time Attendees (New-Bees) at the ICCA Congress a very warm welcome. Each year, just before the ICCA Congress begins, new attendees are invited to join a specialised session that aims to prepare them for success. Jam-packed full of helpful advice that is delivered from member to member, the programme has been delivered to over 3,000 delegates since it initially began and is designed with care to help them network, do business, learn, and maximise the benefits of attending their first ICCA Congress.
At the centre of the entire programme are the people we couldn’t do it without: our mentors, an amazing group of ICCA members and #ICCAFriends who are Congress veterans and want to help support and steer our New-Bees as they join the ICCA Family.
VICKY MARMOLEJO - Association Business Development Director
ICC PUNTA CANA
- Born and raised in León Gto, Mexico. CEM (Certificate in Exhibition Management) by the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) since 2005 Vicky has a marketing degree from Guanajuato University in Mexico.
- 22 Years of experience in the global meetings industry and international association arenas. Her first job in the meetings industry was in Poliforum Leon Convention Center (2000-2004). Moved to Cancun in 2004 to take over the position of the Marketing Director and venue management for the Cancun International Convention Center.
- She has large experience representing top brands in the meetings industry such as Tourisme Montréal, Kenes Group.
- Since February 2016. she took over the position of the Association Business Development Director for ICC Punta Cana, by RCD hotels.
- She is an expert in bidding strategies. She has a record of 102 bid presentations submitted, 91 won.
- Her skills in interacting with people and her leadership gave her the opportunity to lead some tourism associations:
- ICCA Chairperson Mexican Committee 2014 -2015.
- In 2017 she won the COMY (Convention Manager of the Year) award granted by PCMA (Professional Convention Management Association)
- Strongly positioned in Mexico as the past President for AFEET Quintana Roo (2019-2020), the Women leader Association in the hospitality industry.
- Mother of 2 daughters: Andrea (25) and Victoria (11). Her great inspiration of life!
- Passionate about meetings industry, bid presentations, photography, travel, music, dancing, boxing, cooking, global networking, social cause and female empowerment.
Thank you Vicky, for being a mentor to our New-Bees! Are you interested in helping our New-Bees to settle in? Please email Ksenija.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can become a mentor.
Let’s get social by using the following hashtags: #ICCANewBee #ICCAMentorBee #LetsGetBuzzing #ICCA2021