Many planners have groups booked into European destinations in the coming months, and many are likely struggling with the decision of whether to carry on with their programs as planned or to rebook in a destination perceived as safer. The planner at one Fortune 500 company shared with us the process and timeline she used when having to decide whether or not to pull a conference headed to a Greece while that country was experiencing economic turmoil and riots three months before her start date.
The planning team’s first step was to determine if there was a safety issue, a perception issue, or a physical impossibility of holding the meeting. In her case, there was the potential for all three.
To read the full article, please follow this link to the website of our media member MEETINGSNET Magazines & E-Media, Penton Media.
- Email Contact