The Convention Centre Dublin (CCD) has one open vacancy and is looking to hire new staff. You can find a short summary of the Convention Centre Dublin below as well as a detailed job description and how to apply.
Convention Centre Dublin (CCD)
The Convention Centre, Dublin has welcomed over 85,000 guests and staged over 280 events since its opening in September, 2010 which has led to a boost of over €30 million for the local economy. Events staged at this iconic venue include 39th European Dialysis and Transplant Nurses Association Conference, European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation Conference, TM Forum Management World Conference, Google EMEA Sales Conference and the X Factor Auditions.
Our vision is to be the best medium sized convention centre in Europe by 2014.
Vacancy: Head of Technical
We are currently seeking an experienced Head of Technical, who is self motivated and committed to delivering high quality service in line with client expectations to join our team of dedicated professionals.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Development of short/medium term business plans for the department.
- Overall responsibility for the management of all technical equipment and maintenance programmes for such.
- Line management responsibility for Technical team inclusive of skills development, performance management and succession planning.
- Actively support the sales/event planning process.
- Identify opportunities for up-sell of technical services to clients.
- Constant review and update of SOPs and fully participate in the ISO process.
- Ensure statutory and company policies and procedures are in place, complied with, reviewed and improved. Also ensure all technical staff have been trained in such.
- Development and setting of departmental budget.
- Monthly forecasting & actual cost reporting.
You will have a proven track record in large scale technical event management, covering sound, staging, lighting and AV. Knowledge of logistical and events services is desirable, as is team management experience. You will have excellent communication, team-working and project management skills.
There is a competitive salary offered for this exciting role.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and answers to the questions below to email@example.com
- Q1. Please indicate your most relevant previous role, including details of the size of the team, departmental budget and scale of events you managed (no more than 200 words).
- Q2. What are your salary expectations?
- Q3. When would you be available to commence work?