09 August 2011
ACC Chief Executive Alec Gilbert said more than 80% of meeting professionals were using smart phones and other mobile devices in their everyday work life.
“The benefits of online platforms for event organisers and delegates are growing and the ACC wants to help event organisers maximise the online potential of their future events,” Mr Gilbert said.
“We tested our app-building capability ourselves, during our recent 20 SIXTEEN event. Guests enjoyed using it to access the menu information, notes on our speakers and even the night’s Twitter feed.”
The ACC app program will provide event organisers with the ability to personalise an app to include only the functionality they need.
Their event app can feature site maps, menus, conference programs, registration, session handouts and video streaming, bios on key speakers, advertising of future events, sponsor profiles, delegate networking, social media links and even pre and post event surveys.
App fast facts
· Provides real-time distribution and access to event information
· Offers better venue navigation for guests though interactive maps and floor plans
· Reduces carbon footprint from eliminating paper based collateral
· Enhances on-site networking
· Helps guests connect with social media Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin
· Offers real-time feedback and analysis through surveys and polling
· Enhances branding through event specific app design
· Cuts event costs
· Offers a new revenue streams from sponsorships and advertising (optional)
· Provides better analytics via page view data capture
· Enhances on-site event management
· CRM optimisation through data sharing and data collection
· Enhances the delegate experience
The 20 SIXTEEN app is still available for download on Android and iPhone devices; simply search for ‘20 SIXTEEN’ or ‘Adelaide Convention Centre’ in the App Store.