Martin Lewis, Chief Editor of CAT Publications, received The association's most prestigious award during the Tango Dinner at the 54th ICCA Congress in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Announcing the award, ICCA President Nina Freysen-Pretorius highlighted that as well as his outstanding career as a meetings media entrepreneur and voice of our industry, Martin was a pioneer in advocacy and CSR initiatives, long before these became as common as today.
"Martin was the creative driving force behind the UK's Meetings Week, he helped set up the innovative "Meetings Industry Meeting Needs" charity, and his M&IT Awards Gala has now raised over £900,000 for Save the Children and to date £340,000 for MIMN (Meetings Industry Meeting Needs). He first sponsored part of the ICCA Congress in 1985, and since 1989 there has been a CAT Night every year, an astounding unbroken period of support for our association. Much of ICCA's unique spirit can be seen in the contribution he has made, and we salute him as a great ICCA champion, and worthy honoree of the Moises Shuster Award."
Named for one of ICCA’s founders, this award is ICCA’s highest honour, and is given to an individual who has achieved great success during their career in the international meetings industry, but who has also made an important contribution towards ICCA’s development and success.
- ICCA launches new Big Data tool to find potential sponsors: http://www.iccaworld.com/npps/story.cfm?nppage=5286
- Houston awarded 2019 ICCA Congress: http://www.iccaworld.com/npps/story.cfm?id=5285
- ICCA aims to increase the value of association meetings and get even closer to international associations: http://www.iccaworld.com/npps/story.cfm?nppage=5278
- ICCA Congress on schedule for record attendance: http://www.iccaworld.com/npps/story.cfm?nppage=5238
- "Bringing together the world's experts on international association meetings – Preview of the 54th ICCA Congress Buenos Aires, Argentina 1-4 November 2015": http://www.congress2015.iccaworld.com/ehome/115004/Press#1
- ICCA announces Best Marketing Award 2015 finalists: http://www.iccaworld.com/npps/story.cfm?nppage=5182
- ICCA announces Best PR Award 2015 shortlist: http://www.iccaworld.com/npps/story.cfm?nppage=5205
For more information about the ICCA Congress visit: http://www.congress2015.iccaworld.com .
Visit the Press section for ICCA Congress speeches and background information: http://www.congress2015.iccaworld.com/ehome/115004/Press
ICCA -the International Congress and Convention Association- is the global expert in international association meetings. ICCA represents the main specialists in organising, transporting, and accommodating international meetings and events, and comprises almost 1,000 member companies and organisations in over 90 countries worldwide. ICCA specialises in the international association meetings sector, offering unrivalled data, communication channels, and business development opportunities. For more information visit: www.iccaworld.org.