Press Release, 20 March 2017
BORDEAUX, THE IDEAL VENUE FOR SCIENTIFIC AND MEDICAL CONVENTIONS
As the 4th French city for business tourism,* Bordeaux boasts many advantages for hosting events, whether in terms of its tourist attractions or local economy. The excellence of its scientific sector, combined with the quality of its facilities, enables Bordeaux to welcome large-scale scientific and medical conventions. In 2017, Bordeaux Events will welcome fifteen scientific and medical conventions, both national and international, thus contributing to the economic growth of the city.
A dynamic ecosystem for Bordeaux
The city of Bordeaux benefits from the influence of 11 competitiveness clusters and 70 other clusters throughout the Nouvelle Aquitaine region, particularly in the sectors of science and innovation. It is also home to the University Hospital that was voted Best Hospital in France 2017 by Le Point magazine. The regional ecosystem can also count on the support of scientific experts who contribute greatly to congress events hosted by Bordeaux. This dynamism combined with the expertise of Bordeaux Events and its 4 flagship venues (Bordeaux Exhibition Centre, Bordeaux Congress Centre, Cité Mondiale Convention Centre and Hangar 14), makes Bordeaux a prime destination for the organisation of conventions.
‘We work together with the city’s ecosystem players to build solid bids to host major national or international medical conventions’, says Karine Santamaria, Director of Bordeaux Events.
Hosting conventions with Bordeaux Events: a profitable strategy for the region
This collaboration between stakeholders aims to benefit the whole of the business tourism sector in the region. In 2017, the fifteen scientific and medical conventions scheduled by Bordeaux Events will attract a total of over 7,000 participants for an average duration of 3 days. These convention delegates represent a real driver for the local economy, in particular for the hotel, catering and transport sectors.
The CEB (Bordeaux Conventions and Exhibitions), with its Bordeaux Events brand, is a true ambassador for the destination. CEB aims to place Bordeaux among the top 3 cities for business tourism by 2020. To achieve this, the Bordeaux Events team is working to increase convention activity on a national and international scale. The delivery of the new Hall of the Bordeaux Exhibition Centre at the end of 2018, with a capacity of up to 6,000 conference seats, boosts this development strategy.
Bordeaux, the ideal destination for convention delegates
Bordeaux has all the essential assets to make it THE city for conventions. Besides its cultural and gastronomic heritage, Bordeaux boasts optimal accessibility with an international airport servicing more than 90 direct routes, and the opening on 2 July of the LGV high-speed railway which will link Paris to Bordeaux in just 2 hours and 5 minutes.
Hotel accommodation in the city, with a current capacity of 7,500 rooms, will expand thanks to some twenty hotel building projects planned for 2022.
Medical and scientific conventions hosted by Bordeaux Events in 2017
- 22-25 March: National Provincial Days of Dermatology 2017
- 27 March: Advanced Course and Practice in Spinal Surgery
- 30-31 March: 6th edition of Stimuprat Cardiac Pacing Days
- 30 March-1st April: 58th edition of the Scientific Days for Medical Electro-Radiology Technicians
- 12 April: Focus on Microscopy 2017
- 9-11 May: Chemistry of Materials Convention
- 17-19 May: 13th Society of Neuroscience Symposium
- 3-5 June: 16th edition of the FENAREDIAM Convention (French National Federation
- of Regional Organisations for Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolism)
- 8-10 June: Challenge in Laparoscopy & Robotics 2017
- 8-9 September: 30th International Workshop on Helicobacter & Microbiota in Inflammation & Cancer
- 18-21 September: 6th International Conference on Retroviral Integration
- 20-22 September: 27th SFTS Convention (French National Society for Blood Transfusion)
- 25-28 September: 28th ESREF Symposium (European Symposium on Reliability of Electron Devices, Failure Physics and Analysis)
- 27-29 September: 1st edition of the Francophone Days for Medical Biology
- 5-7 October: 9th edition of the Sleep and Breathing Practical Days
- 18-20 October: SFMU Theme Days (French National Society for Emergency Medicine)
- 10 November: Bordeaux Paediatric Dermatology Day
About Bordeaux Events
Bordeaux Events is a brand of the CEB [Bordeaux Conventions and Exhibitions], specialised in the hosting of professional and public events. Active since late 2015, Bordeaux Events strives to be a real driver for business tourism and corporate events in the city of Bordeaux. Led by Karine Santamaria, the Bordeaux Events team works with some twenty staff who put their expertise at the service of key accounts, institutions, associations, academic societies, and regional, national and international companies.
Agence Selon L
Ludivine Fayet-Simard / Sophie Brives
+ 33 (0)5 57 800 866
Congrès et Expositions de Bordeaux
Marie-Sol Fournier / Elodie Campello firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
+33 (0)5 56 11 99 43 / +33 (0)5 56 11 99 32