This Month we get to know better Enashipai Resort and Spa
What was your motivation to join ICCA?
We want to successfully bid for association meetings. We have been open for 11 years now and have a great track record of hosting meetings successfully. We have largely relied on our own internal marketing to reach new clients. We believe joining ICCA will increase our visibility and open new doors for us.
Tell us your story. How did Enashipai get started?
Enashipai Resort and Spa officially opened its doors in April 2011. We had 40 rooms and 2 small meeting rooms. As the year progressed it became clear that the main business in Naivasha was meetings and events. We quickly adapted and designed the state-of-the-art conference centre now known as Entumo Conference Centre which can host up to 500 guests. We also increased our room inventory to 135 rooms.
Enashipai - A Maasai word meaning a place of happiness. True to our essence, all guests who visit the resort experience a great sense of peace and calm and we hope that they leave the hotel happy. We are not your regular resort, we have intentionally put together a great mix of amenities and facilities to keep our guests fully entertained whether they are visiting for leisure or business.
What sets Enashipai apart?
A couple of things set us apart from our competition:
- Luxurious accommodation: Our rooms are indulgently spacious with fabulous afro-chic interior decor inspired by the Maasai culture
- A great mix of amenities and facilities to cater to both the business and leisure clientele. From the fabulous Siyara Spa, Entumo Conference Centre,The Wave Nightclub in addition to the usual pool/gym, bars, and restaurants
- Great Landscaping: When you visit Enashipai you instantly feel relaxed and a lot of that has to do with the beautiful landscaping and all the trees at the hotel
- Access to Lake Naivasha: With direct access to Lake Naivasha - the resort offers a great opportunity to experience the bird-rich fresh water lake that is one of a kind in the Great Rift Valley
- The People: Last but not least - our people are the secret ingredient to the success of Enashipai - warm and hospitable and always willing to do their best to exceed guest expectations
What is your favorite success story from your organisation?
The fact that we managed to re-open the hotel after a 4-month closure due to Covid is a great story. We kept most of our staff and have managed to bounce back is a great story.
What can we expect to see from Enashipai in the future?
You can expect the same warmth and hospitality delivered with a new sense of creativity. You can expect always to experience something new each time you visit Enashipai.
Which trends do you see in the Association Meetings?
At the moment the one trend I have noted is the need for hybrid meetings. In as much as people are back to face-to-face meetings, most association meetings are still demanding more hybrid meetings. As hotels, we have adopted by investing in technology and bandwidth to ensure we can deliver seamless experiences for our guests.
We have also witnessed the demand for outdoor conferencing options increasing. Previously outdoor sessions were a preserve for break-out sessions and exhibitions.
What is an industry challenge your organisation is facing currently?
Covid-19 travel restrictions have probably been the biggest challenge for association meetings given that bids take place way in advance. This has limited the international bookings we have had this year.