Rocio Hidrobo, Executive Vice President - introducing her association
1. When was your association founded?
2. Where is your association based, how many members do you have & in how many countries?
- Our association is based in Houston, TX – USA
- We have 300 members
- Representing 100 countries
3. Who are your members?
Freight Forwarders and Logistics providers
4. What is your mission & aim of the association?
We are a Premium Global Logistics Network, Project and Supply Chain Management provider with a worldwide team of professionals, dedicated business partners, and employees.
IFLN aims to offer global coverage and selective partners to Members that allow them to increase volume and business activity within a financially secure environment for the provision of cross trade and door-to-door logistics solutions for customers.
5. What are the major challenges facing your association?
Our current challenges are finding destinations/venues that are located within a major gateway city, that we have not visited previously and are relatively safe
6. What kind of events are organised by your association?
Membership Networking Events
7. What is the decision process behind the selection of a destination/venue?
- Member Representation in that country
- Current economic development impacting our industry
- Country in the world we have not yet visited
8. Can you share your insights about the latest trends within the association community?
9. What does your association do in terms of legacy, do your meetings have a societal impact on the destination?
Our meetings have more of an economic impact on the event destinations. Members often host business dinners, meetings, etc. in local restaurants and venues. They often extend their stay to conduct business with other partners in the area, or bring their families for local shopping, sightseeing, etc.
10. Are you looking to forge collaborations with other associations? If so in what areas of expertise?
We would be interested in potential collaborations with destination marketing companies, or venue representatives
For more information on IFLN please check their website: www.ifln.net