It is with great pleasure ICCA can announce to you the results of the call for candidates for the positions of the ICCA Asia Pacific Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson/Treasurer.
For the position of Chairperson came forward for (re)election:
- Mr. Ashwin Gunasekeran, Penang Convention and Exhibition Bureau
- Nominated by: Ms. Alicia Yao, IME Consulting Co., Ltd.
- Seconded by: Mr. Hiromi Murayama, Pacifico Yokohama
- Ms. Jane Vong Holmes, GainingEdge
- Nominated by: Mr. Sungtae Kim, Daegu Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Seconded by: Ms. Ika Nazaruddin, Pacto Convex
For the position of Deputy Chairperson came forward for re-election:
- Mr. Eric Abramson, Guangzhou Yuexiu International Congress Center
- Nominated by: Mr. Ashwin Gunasekeran, Penang Convention and Exhibition Bureau
- Seconded by: Mr. Jason Yeh, GIS Group
For the position of Deputy Chairperson/Treasurer came forward for election:
- Dr. Keiko Nishimoto, Ritsumeikan University Graduate School of Management
- Nominated by: Ms. Etsuko Kawasaki, Japan Convention Bureau
- Seconded by Mr. Ashwin Gunasekeran, Penang Convention and Exhibition Bureau
Since no other candidates came forward for both the Deputy Chairperson position and the Deputy Chairperson/Treasurer position, Mr. Eric Abramson and Dr. Keiko Nishimoto are automatically (re)elected. We like to thank both candidates for their ongoing commitment and congratulate them with their (re)election for the Asia Pacific Chapter.
Since two candidates came forward for the Chairperson position, Asia Pacific Chapter Elections will be held. The call for candidates will be send out on Wednesday, 4 May 2022.