To strengthen our Events & Marketing team we are looking for a Creative Copywriter who will be based at ICCA's head office in Amsterdam.
As a Copywriter you support the Marketing Manager with the writing of clear and concise copy for EDM’s, publications and websites and provide input related to ICCA’s overall marketing activities. The Copywriter ‘s main responsibility is to write compelling copy across all marketing channels, including website copy, email campaigns, articles, press releases, video scripts, digital, and print ads. The Copywriter will also be ICCA’s linguistic all-round proof-reader and editor of copy before it goes live and will ensure ICCA's continued use of British-English.
You write creative and functional content to raise awareness, promote our global organisation to potential members and to educate our partners, stakeholders, and employees about the value ICCA offers and the challenges we solve for our members. As a Copywriter you will fall hierarchically under the Marketing Manager, but also will be collaborating closely with the executive management team regarding the continuous development and maintenance of ICCA’s brand voice and tone.
As Copywriter you will:
- Develop impactful and clear copy for marketing materials, EDM’s, publications, websites and marketing campaigns, video scripts, press releases, brochures, and other promotional materials.
- Maintain and reinforce the brand's tone, style, and voice in all written communications to ensure consistency and strengthen brand identity.
- Create bespoke content to address ICCA’s view on key industry issues (press articles, blog posts etc).
- Editing and proof-reading copy as needed.
- Collaborating with the marketing team to brainstorm and develop multi-platform concepts and campaigns to raise awareness and promoting ICCA to potential members and different stakeholders.
- Contribute within the marketing team on the content strategy definition for ICCA Channels, so it can be consistent with the ICCA brand voice.
- Collaborating with designers, PR, and other professionals on large and small-scale marketing projects.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in content development and copywriting preferably in a B2B global environment.
- Proven success in producing copy for advertising or marketing campaigns.
- Experience producing copy for print and digital media channels.
- Fluent in English (native level only), other languages a plus.
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to create small creative texts (e.g. social media posts) as well as large content pieces (e.g. product descriptions).
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
- Pro-active and hands-on way of working.
- Good knowledge of using the MS Office package.
- Have a residence/work permits to live and work in the Netherlands.
What we offer
ICCA offers you the possibility to make your mark and contribute to our updated global marketing strategy. When joining ICCA, you will get:
- A fixed-term contract for one year with the prospect of a contract for an indefinite period.
- Full-time employment contract (37.5 hours per week).
- A competitive salary, depending on background and experience.
- Good secondary employment conditions, including:
- bonus scheme based on collective targets and individual achieved results.
- pension provision.
- 25 vacation days per year.
- The ability to work from home.
- If you do have to come to the office, you will get your commuting expenses reimbursed, good coffee and weekly an assortment of snacks.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your detailed CV and a 300-word story on why you are interested in the meetings industry and why you feel you are the right person for the job.
Applications should be received no later than 28th January 2024 and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Claudia Bastidas Marketing Manager, Claudia.email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed in the week of 5th February, after which you will receive a response to your application.